Egypt security forces attacked, Sinai HQ bombed
Zee Media Bureau
Cairo: A wave of attacks across Egypt on Monday targeted the security forces as five soldiers were killed by gunmen attacked near Suez Canal city of Ismailiya and the security headquarter in Sinai was bombed killing two soldiers, reports said.
According to the BBC, security forces were hit with gun attacks, rocket and bomb in at least four parts across Egypt.
Other than attacks in Ismailiya and Sinai, security forces were also attacked in a Cairo suburb, where rocket was fired on a satellite station.
In the town of al-Tour, car bombs killed two and injured dozens, said the BBC.
The attacks come on a day when the death toll from yesterday`s clashes between the Egypt police and Mohammed Morsi supporters increased to 53.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends