`Egypt seeks good relations with Iran`
Tehran: Egyptian Deputy Foreign Minister Ramzy Ezzeldin Ramzy has said that his country seeks good relations with Iran, Press TV reported on Monday.
The Egyptian deputy minister said on Sunday that Cairo seeks good relations with all countries including Iran based on mutual respect and non-interference in the internal affairs of other states, said the report.
"Relations between Tehran and Cairo have increased in significance after the victory of the popular revolution in Egypt, " Ramzy, who participated in the expert-level meeting of the Non- aligned Movement (NAM) in Tehran, was quoted as saying.
The NAM meeting is held in three phases: preparatory senior officials meeting on August 26-27, ministerial level meeting on August 28-29, and the summit on August 30-31.
The NAM must play a more prominent role in international and regional relations, said Ramzy.
Increasing cooperation and unifying stances among the NAM member states would boost the movement`s efficiency and decision- making power, he added.
Egypt and Iran do not have full diplomatic relations since Iran`s 1979 Islamic revolution, when Tehran cut ties with Cairo after the latter gave asylum to the deposed Iranian shah and made peace with Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!