`Egypt seeks good relations with Iran`
Tehran: Egyptian Deputy Foreign Minister Ramzy Ezzeldin Ramzy has said that his country seeks good relations with Iran, Press TV reported on Monday.
The Egyptian deputy minister said on Sunday that Cairo seeks good relations with all countries including Iran based on mutual respect and non-interference in the internal affairs of other states, said the report.
"Relations between Tehran and Cairo have increased in significance after the victory of the popular revolution in Egypt, " Ramzy, who participated in the expert-level meeting of the Non- aligned Movement (NAM) in Tehran, was quoted as saying.
The NAM meeting is held in three phases: preparatory senior officials meeting on August 26-27, ministerial level meeting on August 28-29, and the summit on August 30-31.
The NAM must play a more prominent role in international and regional relations, said Ramzy.
Increasing cooperation and unifying stances among the NAM member states would boost the movement`s efficiency and decision- making power, he added.
Egypt and Iran do not have full diplomatic relations since Iran`s 1979 Islamic revolution, when Tehran cut ties with Cairo after the latter gave asylum to the deposed Iranian shah and made peace with Israel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference