`Egypt seeks good relations with Iran`
Tehran: Egyptian Deputy Foreign Minister Ramzy Ezzeldin Ramzy has said that his country seeks good relations with Iran, Press TV reported on Monday.
The Egyptian deputy minister said on Sunday that Cairo seeks good relations with all countries including Iran based on mutual respect and non-interference in the internal affairs of other states, said the report.
"Relations between Tehran and Cairo have increased in significance after the victory of the popular revolution in Egypt, " Ramzy, who participated in the expert-level meeting of the Non- aligned Movement (NAM) in Tehran, was quoted as saying.
The NAM meeting is held in three phases: preparatory senior officials meeting on August 26-27, ministerial level meeting on August 28-29, and the summit on August 30-31.
The NAM must play a more prominent role in international and regional relations, said Ramzy.
Increasing cooperation and unifying stances among the NAM member states would boost the movement`s efficiency and decision- making power, he added.
Egypt and Iran do not have full diplomatic relations since Iran`s 1979 Islamic revolution, when Tehran cut ties with Cairo after the latter gave asylum to the deposed Iranian shah and made peace with Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown