Egypt seizes 19 missiles at border with Libya
Cairo: Egyptian border guards Tuesday foiled an attempt to smuggle 19 missiles at the Egyptian-Libyan border, a state-run media report said.
After exchanging fire with the smugglers, the border forces managed to seize four cloth sacks that included 19 missiles, Xinhua reported.
Smuggling of weapons has prevailed at the borders of Egypt, particularly with Libya and the Palestinian Gaza Strip, since the 2011 uprising that toppled the former regime of Hosni Mubarak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway