Egypt seizes 19 missiles at border with Libya
Cairo: Egyptian border guards Tuesday foiled an attempt to smuggle 19 missiles at the Egyptian-Libyan border, a state-run media report said.
After exchanging fire with the smugglers, the border forces managed to seize four cloth sacks that included 19 missiles, Xinhua reported.
Smuggling of weapons has prevailed at the borders of Egypt, particularly with Libya and the Palestinian Gaza Strip, since the 2011 uprising that toppled the former regime of Hosni Mubarak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL