Egypt seizes 19 missiles at border with Libya
Cairo: Egyptian border guards Tuesday foiled an attempt to smuggle 19 missiles at the Egyptian-Libyan border, a state-run media report said.
After exchanging fire with the smugglers, the border forces managed to seize four cloth sacks that included 19 missiles, Xinhua reported.
Smuggling of weapons has prevailed at the borders of Egypt, particularly with Libya and the Palestinian Gaza Strip, since the 2011 uprising that toppled the former regime of Hosni Mubarak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’