Egypt shuts border with Gaza Strip: Official
Jerusalem: A Gaza Palestinian border official says Egypt has closed its border with the Hamas-ruled territory amid the raging turmoil in Egypt.
Ghazi Hamad says he expects the closure to last several days.
The border terminal at Rafah had been rescheduled to open on Sunday after a routine, two-day weekend closure. About 400 to 600 Palestinians cross through the terminal daily for medical treatment, study and family visits.
Gaza reports also said three Palestinians who were imprisoned in Egypt had escaped during the upheaval and had returned to the coastal territory through smuggling tunnels.
Hamas officials say group leaders have postponed a trip through Egypt to Syria, where they were to discuss a new proposal to free a long-held Israeli soldier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video