Egypt summons Israeli diplomat over Jerusalem clashes
Cairo: Egypt`s foreign ministry summoned
Israel`s charge d`affaires on Wednesday in protest at its
"provocative measures" in east Jerusalem, a day after hundreds
of Palestinians clashed with Israeli police.
Egypt delivered a "a clear message to the effect that
Israel must immediately stop all provocative and illegal
measures that feed the cycle of conflict," the ministry said
in a statement.
Sixteen Palestinians were hospitalised after yesterday`s
violence in annexed east Jerusalem, where tensions have been
high since Israel`s announcement last week of plans to build
1,600 new homes for Jewish settlers.
The reopening of a twice-destroyed Hurva synagogue in the
Jewish quarter of Jerusalem`s walled Old City on Monday
further raised the tensions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights