Egypt summons Israeli diplomat over Jerusalem clashes
Cairo: Egypt`s foreign ministry summoned
Israel`s charge d`affaires on Wednesday in protest at its
"provocative measures" in east Jerusalem, a day after hundreds
of Palestinians clashed with Israeli police.
Egypt delivered a "a clear message to the effect that
Israel must immediately stop all provocative and illegal
measures that feed the cycle of conflict," the ministry said
in a statement.
Sixteen Palestinians were hospitalised after yesterday`s
violence in annexed east Jerusalem, where tensions have been
high since Israel`s announcement last week of plans to build
1,600 new homes for Jewish settlers.
The reopening of a twice-destroyed Hurva synagogue in the
Jewish quarter of Jerusalem`s walled Old City on Monday
further raised the tensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch