Egypt summons Israeli diplomat over Jerusalem clashes
Cairo: Egypt`s foreign ministry summoned
Israel`s charge d`affaires on Wednesday in protest at its
"provocative measures" in east Jerusalem, a day after hundreds
of Palestinians clashed with Israeli police.
Egypt delivered a "a clear message to the effect that
Israel must immediately stop all provocative and illegal
measures that feed the cycle of conflict," the ministry said
in a statement.
Sixteen Palestinians were hospitalised after yesterday`s
violence in annexed east Jerusalem, where tensions have been
high since Israel`s announcement last week of plans to build
1,600 new homes for Jewish settlers.
The reopening of a twice-destroyed Hurva synagogue in the
Jewish quarter of Jerusalem`s walled Old City on Monday
further raised the tensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie