Egypt summons Israeli diplomat over Jerusalem clashes
Cairo: Egypt`s foreign ministry summoned
Israel`s charge d`affaires on Wednesday in protest at its
"provocative measures" in east Jerusalem, a day after hundreds
of Palestinians clashed with Israeli police.
Egypt delivered a "a clear message to the effect that
Israel must immediately stop all provocative and illegal
measures that feed the cycle of conflict," the ministry said
in a statement.
Sixteen Palestinians were hospitalised after yesterday`s
violence in annexed east Jerusalem, where tensions have been
high since Israel`s announcement last week of plans to build
1,600 new homes for Jewish settlers.
The reopening of a twice-destroyed Hurva synagogue in the
Jewish quarter of Jerusalem`s walled Old City on Monday
further raised the tensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...