Egypt summons Israeli diplomat over Jerusalem clashes
Cairo: Egypt`s foreign ministry summoned
Israel`s charge d`affaires on Wednesday in protest at its
"provocative measures" in east Jerusalem, a day after hundreds
of Palestinians clashed with Israeli police.
Egypt delivered a "a clear message to the effect that
Israel must immediately stop all provocative and illegal
measures that feed the cycle of conflict," the ministry said
in a statement.
Sixteen Palestinians were hospitalised after yesterday`s
violence in annexed east Jerusalem, where tensions have been
high since Israel`s announcement last week of plans to build
1,600 new homes for Jewish settlers.
The reopening of a twice-destroyed Hurva synagogue in the
Jewish quarter of Jerusalem`s walled Old City on Monday
further raised the tensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof