Egypt: Teenager sentenced to death for murder and rape
Cairo: A 19-year-old man has been sentenced to death by an Egyptian court on charges of sexual assault and murder of a girl child.
The Minya Criminal Court yesterday sentenced the teenager for killing the girl after raping her in March this year.
The girl`s body was found in March in an abandoned house with her scalp wounded and evidences of sexual abuse.
The incident happened while the victim was going for Quran classes. The man deceived her and took her to an abandoned house, police said.
The court appointed a lawyer to defend the criminal because all lawyers refused to represent him, Youm7 reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician