Egypt: Teenager sentenced to death for murder and rape
Cairo: A 19-year-old man has been sentenced to death by an Egyptian court on charges of sexual assault and murder of a girl child.
The Minya Criminal Court yesterday sentenced the teenager for killing the girl after raping her in March this year.
The girl`s body was found in March in an abandoned house with her scalp wounded and evidences of sexual abuse.
The incident happened while the victim was going for Quran classes. The man deceived her and took her to an abandoned house, police said.
The court appointed a lawyer to defend the criminal because all lawyers refused to represent him, Youm7 reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video