Egypt violence: Moving bus targeted in Cairo, blast injures five
Zee Media Bureau
Cairo: Just a couple of days after a suicide atack targeted a police headquarter in Egypt`s Mansoura city, another blast was said to have targeted a moving bus in Nasr city area of capital town of Cairo, injuring five, reports said Thursday.
According to a report on an international news site, the bomb that was planted on a pedestrian island, detonated when the bus passed over it.
The report cited the health ministry as saying that five peole were injured in the attack. Earlier reports of one dead in the blast, were refuted.
The blast comes just two days after a suicide car bomb drove through security headquarters in Nile Delta city, killing 15 and injuring over 130.
The blast was blamed upon Muslim Brotherhood, which was yesterday branded as a “terrorist organistaion” by the government.
Brotherhood denied any involvement in the blast and a Sinai-based militant group called Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, or the Champions of Jerusalem, claimed responsibility for the attack.
The al Qaeda-inspired jihadist group has in past too, claimed responsibility for a series of attacks on security forces after July when the country`s former Islamist president, Mohammed Morsi was toppled in a coup.
Earlier the group has claimed responsibility for bombing near army intelligence building in the Suez Canal city of Ismailia and a failure attempt to assassinate interior minister Mohamed Ibrahim.
The military-backed government has been blaming Brotherhood for the spike in attacks on security forces since Morsi`s ouster in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city