Egyptian army demolishes 250 tunnels leading to Gaza
Cairo: Egyptian army has shut down all tunnels in Arish Governorate`s Sarsoriya region, an area from where smugglers transport goods and commodities between Egypt and Gaza.
About 250 tunnels have been demolished so far, according to a military source in North Sinai Governorate.
Forces are now turning their attention to tunnels in the vicinity of the Salaheddin and Barahema checkpoints, notorious for human trafficking, the source told Al-Masry Al-Youm.
Yesterday, troops stationed in the border area of Rafah seized 70, 000 liters of petrol and diesel due to be smuggled into the Gaza Strip through the tunnels.
This seizure was the largest of its kind since the start of the military campaign to demolish tunnels, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?