Egyptian army demolishes 250 tunnels leading to Gaza
Cairo: Egyptian army has shut down all tunnels in Arish Governorate`s Sarsoriya region, an area from where smugglers transport goods and commodities between Egypt and Gaza.
About 250 tunnels have been demolished so far, according to a military source in North Sinai Governorate.
Forces are now turning their attention to tunnels in the vicinity of the Salaheddin and Barahema checkpoints, notorious for human trafficking, the source told Al-Masry Al-Youm.
Yesterday, troops stationed in the border area of Rafah seized 70, 000 liters of petrol and diesel due to be smuggled into the Gaza Strip through the tunnels.
This seizure was the largest of its kind since the start of the military campaign to demolish tunnels, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men