Egyptian army demolishes 250 tunnels leading to Gaza
Cairo: Egyptian army has shut down all tunnels in Arish Governorate`s Sarsoriya region, an area from where smugglers transport goods and commodities between Egypt and Gaza.
About 250 tunnels have been demolished so far, according to a military source in North Sinai Governorate.
Forces are now turning their attention to tunnels in the vicinity of the Salaheddin and Barahema checkpoints, notorious for human trafficking, the source told Al-Masry Al-Youm.
Yesterday, troops stationed in the border area of Rafah seized 70, 000 liters of petrol and diesel due to be smuggled into the Gaza Strip through the tunnels.
This seizure was the largest of its kind since the start of the military campaign to demolish tunnels, the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Unbelievable! Extra-strong see-through wood is now a reality
- 'Ek Nai Subah': NDA govt celebrates 2 years in office; PM Narendra Modi vows to root out corruption
- Men angrier on Facebook than women: Study
- US blocks cluster-bomb sales to Saudis: Report
- Brazil arrests first suspect after shocking gang-rape video