Egyptian army kills 4 militants in North Sinai
Cairo: Four militants were killed and seven others arrested in a latest military raid carried out by the Egyptian army in the country's restive North Sinai area.
The militants were killed yesterday with eight house and three motorcycles destroyed during the raid, an army source said.
Army also imposed curfew in some areas in Arish, sheikh Zwayed and Rafah.
North Sinai has been the scene of many violent attacks by Islamist militants since January 2011 revolution that toppled former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.
The attacks targeting police and military have increased after the ouster of Islamist ex-president Mohamed Morsi last year.
The military has launched security campaigns in the area, arrested suspects and demolished houses that belong to terrorists, including those facilitating tunnels leading to the Gaza Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi