Egyptian army kills 4 militants in North Sinai
Cairo: Four militants were killed and seven others arrested in a latest military raid carried out by the Egyptian army in the country's restive North Sinai area.
The militants were killed yesterday with eight house and three motorcycles destroyed during the raid, an army source said.
Army also imposed curfew in some areas in Arish, sheikh Zwayed and Rafah.
North Sinai has been the scene of many violent attacks by Islamist militants since January 2011 revolution that toppled former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.
The attacks targeting police and military have increased after the ouster of Islamist ex-president Mohamed Morsi last year.
The military has launched security campaigns in the area, arrested suspects and demolished houses that belong to terrorists, including those facilitating tunnels leading to the Gaza Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony