Egyptian army kills 4 militants in North Sinai
Cairo: Four militants were killed and seven others arrested in a latest military raid carried out by the Egyptian army in the country's restive North Sinai area.
The militants were killed yesterday with eight house and three motorcycles destroyed during the raid, an army source said.
Army also imposed curfew in some areas in Arish, sheikh Zwayed and Rafah.
North Sinai has been the scene of many violent attacks by Islamist militants since January 2011 revolution that toppled former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.
The attacks targeting police and military have increased after the ouster of Islamist ex-president Mohamed Morsi last year.
The military has launched security campaigns in the area, arrested suspects and demolished houses that belong to terrorists, including those facilitating tunnels leading to the Gaza Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city