Egyptian court orders release of 3 US students
Cairo: Egyptian officials say a court has ordered the release of three American students arrested this week during the unrest in Cairo.
An Egyptian official said Thursday the three who attend the American University in Cairo were arrested on the roof of a university building near Cairo`s iconic Tahrir Square where they were allegedly throwing firebombs at security forces fighting with protesters.
The three, arrested Sunday, are Derrik Sweeney, a 19-year-old Georgetown University student, Luke Gates, a 21-year-old Indiana University student, and Gregory Porter, a 19-year-old Drexel University student.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?
- F-16s right platform for Pakistan's counter terrorism war: US
- In fight against impeachment, Brazil President Dilma Rousseff tries to win left support