Egyptian court orders release of 3 US students
Cairo: Egyptian officials say a court has ordered the release of three American students arrested this week during the unrest in Cairo.
An Egyptian official said Thursday the three who attend the American University in Cairo were arrested on the roof of a university building near Cairo`s iconic Tahrir Square where they were allegedly throwing firebombs at security forces fighting with protesters.
The three, arrested Sunday, are Derrik Sweeney, a 19-year-old Georgetown University student, Luke Gates, a 21-year-old Indiana University student, and Gregory Porter, a 19-year-old Drexel University student.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress