Egyptian court sentences Muslim Brotherhood leader to life in prison
Cairo: An Egyptian court sentenced Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohamed Badie to life in prison on Saturday, Egypt`s ON TV said, for inciting the violence that erupted after the army deposed Islamist President Mohamed Morsi last year.
Badie, convicted along with some 36 other Brotherhood leaders and supporters for the same crime, is facing the death sentence in two separate cases.
The court also upheld death sentences for 10 other Brotherhood supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?