Egyptian forces kill six militants in Northern Sinai
Zee Media Bureau
Cairo: Six alleged militants, who were planning an attack on security checkpoint at the Al-Arish in Egypt, have been killed on Thursday by security forces.
Two local residents also got injured when the Egyptian forces resorted to firing to impede the militants from attacking the security checkpoint. They have been immediately taken to the hospital.
The militants were preparing for the attack behind the airport when the security forces sensed their preperations.
Militants have been carrying attacks in Egypt against security forces since Islamist president Mohamed Morsi was ousted by the military in July which further led to massive protest across the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them