Egyptian forces kill six militants in Northern Sinai
Zee Media Bureau
Cairo: Six alleged militants, who were planning an attack on security checkpoint at the Al-Arish in Egypt, have been killed on Thursday by security forces.
Two local residents also got injured when the Egyptian forces resorted to firing to impede the militants from attacking the security checkpoint. They have been immediately taken to the hospital.
The militants were preparing for the attack behind the airport when the security forces sensed their preperations.
Militants have been carrying attacks in Egypt against security forces since Islamist president Mohamed Morsi was ousted by the military in July which further led to massive protest across the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!