Egyptian jailed for raping Indian housewife in UAE
Dubai: A Sharjah court has sentenced an Egyptian to 10 years in jail after founding him guilty of raping an Indian housewife.
The man, identified only as AO, acted as a municipality employee to enter the house of the woman in Sharjah, where he beat up and raped the female resident.
The Sharjah Sharia Court of First Instance sentenced the 25-year-old accused to 10 years in jail to be followed by deportation. However, the victim was not identified.
According to police, the culprit, who is now in Sharjah Central jail, will appeal the sentence, which is now being reviewed by the Appeals Court.
The man was arrested a few days later after he allegedly committed a similar crime. He denied that he raped the woman but was convicted on the basis of the scientific evidence against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!