Egyptian presidency denounce man beating incident
Cairo: Egyptian President Mohammad Mursi today denounced the incident in which a group of policemen stripped, dragged and beat a man outside the presidential palace, following renewed violence in the capital.
The presidency condemned the sorrowful incidents when clashes erupted between protesters and security forces in front of the palace yesterday.
A statement on Mursi`s Facebook page said it regretted the dragging and beating of the protester.
The clip which was shown on private TV stations where men in uniform brutally beat a man and stripped him naked in the street.
The man`s wife later was interviewed on television where she said the police had taken her husband to the hospital and she thanked them for their help.
The Egyptian Presidency also praised the decision of the Interior Ministry`s statement to investigate the incident after it said it was an individual act that would be investigated.
Meanwhile, both the Muslim Brotherhood Guidance bureau and the opposition National Salvation Front held separate closed meetings to discuss replies to the recent violence which ironically came a day after all parties signed Al-Azhar document to denounce violence in all forms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days