Egyptian President Mursi to visit US next month
Cairo: Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi plans to visit the United States on September 23, the Nile TV reported on Wednesday.
During his stay in the United States, Mursi will visit New York and Washington. He will participate in a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, said Yasser Ali, the presidency`s spokesman.
He also plans to hold talks with US senior officials, Ali said, adding that his meeting with US President Barack Obama is not yet nailed.
The first freely-elected President of Egypt is scheduled to visit China on Monday. After the trip, Mursi will head to Iran for the Non-Aligned Movement summit, which will make him the first Egyptian President to visit Iran after the two countries cut their diplomatic ties.
Last month, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton paid a two- day visit to Egypt. She was so far the most senior US official that have visited Egypt since Mursi assumed presidency in late June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional