Egyptian President Mursi to visit US next month
Cairo: Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi plans to visit the United States on September 23, the Nile TV reported on Wednesday.
During his stay in the United States, Mursi will visit New York and Washington. He will participate in a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, said Yasser Ali, the presidency`s spokesman.
He also plans to hold talks with US senior officials, Ali said, adding that his meeting with US President Barack Obama is not yet nailed.
The first freely-elected President of Egypt is scheduled to visit China on Monday. After the trip, Mursi will head to Iran for the Non-Aligned Movement summit, which will make him the first Egyptian President to visit Iran after the two countries cut their diplomatic ties.
Last month, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton paid a two- day visit to Egypt. She was so far the most senior US official that have visited Egypt since Mursi assumed presidency in late June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP