Egyptian President to visit China
Beijing: Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi will pay a state visit to China from August 28 to 30 at the invitation of Chinese President Hu Jintao, said Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei on Wednesday.
This visit will be Mursi`s first visit to China since taking office. China attaches great importance to the visit, Xinhua quoted Hong as saying.
The spokesperson noted that the Chinese leaders will hold talks and meetings with the Egyptian President to exchange views on bilateral ties, international and regional issues of common concern.
The two sides will sign a series of cooperation documents during Mursi`s visit, Hong said, adding that he believes that the visit will further promote the development of bilateral friendly cooperative relations under the new situation.
Egypt was the first Arab country and the first African country to establish diplomatic relations with China, the spokesman said, stressing that bilateral ties have seen long-term healthy and stable development ever since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Now, Pakistan's spy agency ISI using 'mobile apps' to spy on Indian security forces?
- India rejects USCIRF report on intolerance, says Constitution guarantees right to freedom of religion
- Gold price rises further to Rs 30,250 per 10 grams
- India's tour of Zimbabwe: Men in Blue to play three ODIs, three T20Is in June
- NEET 2016: SC asks MCI to respond to state governments' plea to hold separate exams this year