Egyptian President to visit China
Beijing: Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi will pay a state visit to China from August 28 to 30 at the invitation of Chinese President Hu Jintao, said Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei on Wednesday.
This visit will be Mursi`s first visit to China since taking office. China attaches great importance to the visit, Xinhua quoted Hong as saying.
The spokesperson noted that the Chinese leaders will hold talks and meetings with the Egyptian President to exchange views on bilateral ties, international and regional issues of common concern.
The two sides will sign a series of cooperation documents during Mursi`s visit, Hong said, adding that he believes that the visit will further promote the development of bilateral friendly cooperative relations under the new situation.
Egypt was the first Arab country and the first African country to establish diplomatic relations with China, the spokesman said, stressing that bilateral ties have seen long-term healthy and stable development ever since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa