Egyptian President to visit China
Beijing: Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi will pay a state visit to China from August 28 to 30 at the invitation of Chinese President Hu Jintao, said Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei on Wednesday.
This visit will be Mursi`s first visit to China since taking office. China attaches great importance to the visit, Xinhua quoted Hong as saying.
The spokesperson noted that the Chinese leaders will hold talks and meetings with the Egyptian President to exchange views on bilateral ties, international and regional issues of common concern.
The two sides will sign a series of cooperation documents during Mursi`s visit, Hong said, adding that he believes that the visit will further promote the development of bilateral friendly cooperative relations under the new situation.
Egypt was the first Arab country and the first African country to establish diplomatic relations with China, the spokesman said, stressing that bilateral ties have seen long-term healthy and stable development ever since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?