Egyptian President to visit Washington; meet Obama
Cairo: Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak will visit the US on August 13 to hold discussions with his American counterpart on issues, including Middle East peace process, extremism, political reforms.
US president Barack Obama has welcomed the visit by his
Egyptian counterpart the US embassy in Cairo said in a
statement, "Obama looks forward to building on his discussions
with President Mubarak during his visit to Cairo on 4 June,"
White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said.
Obama had visited the Egyptian capital on June 4 and made
an important speech calling out for a new beginning between
the US and the Islamic world by ending the cycle of suspicion
"The two leaders will discuss the full range of
issues of common concern - including Middle East peace,
combating extremism and other regional threats, and promoting
reform across the Arab world - as well as how to strengthen
the bilateral relationship," Gibbs added.
An earlier scheduled visit of Mubarak to Washington in
May was cancelled due to death of his grandson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past