Egyptian President to visit Washington; meet Obama
Cairo: Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak will visit the US on August 13 to hold discussions with his American counterpart on issues, including Middle East peace process, extremism, political reforms.
US president Barack Obama has welcomed the visit by his
Egyptian counterpart the US embassy in Cairo said in a
statement, "Obama looks forward to building on his discussions
with President Mubarak during his visit to Cairo on 4 June,"
White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said.
Obama had visited the Egyptian capital on June 4 and made
an important speech calling out for a new beginning between
the US and the Islamic world by ending the cycle of suspicion
"The two leaders will discuss the full range of
issues of common concern - including Middle East peace,
combating extremism and other regional threats, and promoting
reform across the Arab world - as well as how to strengthen
the bilateral relationship," Gibbs added.
An earlier scheduled visit of Mubarak to Washington in
May was cancelled due to death of his grandson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!
- UEFA Champions League final: Five classic Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid derbies