Egyptian protesters want Syrian ambassador out
Cairo: Around 2,000 protesters are rallying
outside the Syrian Embassy in Cairo to demand authorities
expel the country`s ambassador because of Damascus` deadly
crackdown on dissent.
The protesters marched today from a mosque near the
epicenter of the Egyptian uprising in Tahrir Square to the
nearby Syrian Embassy, chanting against Syrian President
Bashar Assad`s regime.
Some of the demonstrators lifted their shoes and beat a
picture of the Syrian ambassador.
Unlike several Gulf nations, Egypt has not downgraded its
diplomatic relations with Syria, angering many Egyptians.
Friday`s rally was the largest anti-Assad protest in Cairo
since the Syrian uprising began 11 months ago. A few hundred
protesters stormed the Syrian Embassy in Cairo last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened