Egyptian protesters want Syrian ambassador out
Cairo: Around 2,000 protesters are rallying
outside the Syrian Embassy in Cairo to demand authorities
expel the country`s ambassador because of Damascus` deadly
crackdown on dissent.
The protesters marched today from a mosque near the
epicenter of the Egyptian uprising in Tahrir Square to the
nearby Syrian Embassy, chanting against Syrian President
Bashar Assad`s regime.
Some of the demonstrators lifted their shoes and beat a
picture of the Syrian ambassador.
Unlike several Gulf nations, Egypt has not downgraded its
diplomatic relations with Syria, angering many Egyptians.
Friday`s rally was the largest anti-Assad protest in Cairo
since the Syrian uprising began 11 months ago. A few hundred
protesters stormed the Syrian Embassy in Cairo last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates