Egyptian student killed in campus clashes
Cairo: Clashes between rival Egyptian students at a university in Alexandria killed at least one student on Thursday, a supporter of ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi, police said.
The student was killed when pro-Morsi protesters clashed with their opponents at Alexandria University, the police in the Mediterranean city said in a statement.
Police said they did not intervene in the clashes but set up a security cordon outside the university.
Morsi`s supporters have used campuses as relative safe havens for protests, after a police crackdown on his Muslim Brotherhood killed more than 1,000 people across Egypt following his overthrow in July.
Police had repeatedly denied their involvement in several deaths during campus protests, but protesters accuse them of using lethal force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read