Egyptian uprising leaders invites Facebook founder
Cairo: The leaders, associated with Egypt`s landmark `January 25 revolution`, have invited Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to the country after the social networking site was successfully used as an inspirational tool to launch the popular uprising.
The leaders have asked the Minister of Culture Imad Abu Ghazi to invite Zuckerberg officially after he had expressed pride that the site he created for social networking is used as a tool for freedom by the oppressed people.
"The Egyptian youth have used Facebook in an unprecedented way to gather momentum for their revolution which toppled a stubborn regime that had been in power for more than 30 years," said Sherif al-Labban, professor of communications at Cairo University.
The value of Facebook increased around 50 percent after the Egyptian revolution, he added.
Meanwhile, the American University here has started three courses on the Egyptian revolution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women