Egyptian uprising leaders invites Facebook founder
Cairo: The leaders, associated with Egypt`s landmark `January 25 revolution`, have invited Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to the country after the social networking site was successfully used as an inspirational tool to launch the popular uprising.
The leaders have asked the Minister of Culture Imad Abu Ghazi to invite Zuckerberg officially after he had expressed pride that the site he created for social networking is used as a tool for freedom by the oppressed people.
"The Egyptian youth have used Facebook in an unprecedented way to gather momentum for their revolution which toppled a stubborn regime that had been in power for more than 30 years," said Sherif al-Labban, professor of communications at Cairo University.
The value of Facebook increased around 50 percent after the Egyptian revolution, he added.
Meanwhile, the American University here has started three courses on the Egyptian revolution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says