Egyptian uprising leaders invites Facebook founder
Cairo: The leaders, associated with Egypt`s landmark `January 25 revolution`, have invited Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to the country after the social networking site was successfully used as an inspirational tool to launch the popular uprising.
The leaders have asked the Minister of Culture Imad Abu Ghazi to invite Zuckerberg officially after he had expressed pride that the site he created for social networking is used as a tool for freedom by the oppressed people.
"The Egyptian youth have used Facebook in an unprecedented way to gather momentum for their revolution which toppled a stubborn regime that had been in power for more than 30 years," said Sherif al-Labban, professor of communications at Cairo University.
The value of Facebook increased around 50 percent after the Egyptian revolution, he added.
Meanwhile, the American University here has started three courses on the Egyptian revolution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?