Egyptian uprising leaders invites Facebook founder
Cairo: The leaders, associated with
Egypt`s landmark `January 25 revolution`, have invited
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to the country after the
social networking site was successfully used as an
inspirational tool to launch the popular uprising.
The leaders have asked the Minister of Culture Imad
Abu Ghazi to invite Zuckerberg officially after he had
expressed pride that the site he created for social networking
is used as a tool for freedom by the oppressed people.
"The Egyptian youth have used Facebook in an
unprecedented way to gather momentum for their revolution
which toppled a stubborn regime that had been in power for
more than 30 years," said Sherif al-Labban, professor of
communications at Cairo University.
The value of facebook increased around 50 per cent
after the Egyptian revolution, he added.
Meanwhile, the American University here has started
three courses on the Egyptian revolution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!