Egyptians building Gaza barrier come under fire
Gaza City: Security officials say shots have
been fired from Gaza at Egyptians installing an underground
metal barrier meant to seal border smuggling tunnels.
Palestinian and Egyptian officials say the shots were
fired this morning, but that no one was hurt. They spoke on
condition of anonymity because they aren`t allowed to speak to
This is the fourth shooting incident since workers began
building the barrier several weeks ago. The construction
tightens a blockade imposed on Gaza after the militant group
Hamas seized power in 2007.
The barrier has also worsened relations between Egypt and
Hamas, which relies on the tunnels to haul in most commercial
goods, as well as weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH