Egyptians decry acquittal over `virginity tests`
Cairo: Hundreds of Egyptian activists rallied
in Cairo against the country`s military rulers; lambasting a
recent court ruling that cleared a military doctor of charges
he forced a "virginity test" on female activists.
Protesters today carried posters of Samira Ibrahim. The
young female activist filed a lawsuit against a military
doctor accusing him of subjecting her to a "virginity test"
last year after she was detained by the army during a protest.
A Cairo court cleared the doctor on Saturday citing
contradictions between witnesses` testimonies. Ibrahim has
said she intends to bring a lawsuit against the military in an
She was one of seven women subjected to the "virginity
tests," but was the only one who has gone public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away