Egyptians rally ahead of anniversary of uprising
Cairo: Hundreds of Egyptians are marching
towards Tahrir Square ahead of the one-year anniversary of the
uprising that toppled longtime leader Hosni Mubarak.
The protesters set out from different neighborhoods in
Cairo today, which they have dubbed "the dream of the
They say the families of hundreds of people killed during
the uprising and the around 100 others that have been killed
in clashes with the military rulers that took over from
Mubarak have yet to get their "retribution."
Activists organised the rallies as part of a week of
"mourning and anger" around the Jan. 25 anniversary to muster
support for their call to end military rule. They say the
ruling generals have continued the policies of the toppled
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why