Egyptians vote in presidential poll
Cairo: Egyptian voters started casting their ballots Monday across the country in the first presidential election following the ouster of former Islamist president Mohamed Morsi.
Former military chief Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi, who led Morsi`s overthrow, and leftist leader Hamdeen Sabahi are the only two contestants in the race, Xinhua reported.
The former military chief garnered a staggering 94.5 percent of the votes cast by over 300,000 overseas Egyptians in 124 countries last week, according to the Election Commission.
More than 53 million Egyptians are eligible to cast their votes in the presidential poll.
The election has been scheduled for May 26-27. The results are expected June 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?