Egyptians vote in presidential poll
Cairo: Egyptian voters started casting their ballots Monday across the country in the first presidential election following the ouster of former Islamist president Mohamed Morsi.
Former military chief Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi, who led Morsi`s overthrow, and leftist leader Hamdeen Sabahi are the only two contestants in the race, Xinhua reported.
The former military chief garnered a staggering 94.5 percent of the votes cast by over 300,000 overseas Egyptians in 124 countries last week, according to the Election Commission.
More than 53 million Egyptians are eligible to cast their votes in the presidential poll.
The election has been scheduled for May 26-27. The results are expected June 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic