Egypt`s interim President dismantles Upper House
Cairo: Egypt`s newly-assigned caretaker president Adli Mansour has dismantled the Shura Council, the country`s Upper House of Parliament, in his first constitutional declaration, state media reported.
The interim president also issued a presidential decree appointing Mohamed Raafat Shehata as his adviser for security affairs and Mohamed Ahmed Farid as chief of the general intelligence agency, Xinhua said.
On Friday, Mansour appointed Ali Awad Saleh as the president`s constitutional advisor, and Mostafa Hegazy as his political advisor.
Mansour took oath Thursday as the interim head of state after the ouster of Islamist-oriented president Mohamed Morsi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened