Egypt`s interim President issues election timetable
Washington: Egypt`s interim President Adly Mansour has reportedly issued a swift timetable for the amendment of constitution and setting parliamentary and presidential elections in early 2014.
According to Fox News, Mansour has declared appointment of two committees which would work out the amendments to the Islamist-drafted constitution passed under ousted President Mohamed Morsi, a referendum to which will be held within four months.
The report said that the elections for a new parliament would be held within two months after the referendum around mid-February and once the new parliament convenes, it would have a week to set new presidential elections.
Mansour announced the amendments to the constitution and holding fresh elections in light of clashes with security forces early Monday which left more than 50 Morsi supporters dead, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH