Egypt`s interim President issues election timetable
Washington: Egypt`s interim President Adly Mansour has reportedly issued a swift timetable for the amendment of constitution and setting parliamentary and presidential elections in early 2014.
According to Fox News, Mansour has declared appointment of two committees which would work out the amendments to the Islamist-drafted constitution passed under ousted President Mohamed Morsi, a referendum to which will be held within four months.
The report said that the elections for a new parliament would be held within two months after the referendum around mid-February and once the new parliament convenes, it would have a week to set new presidential elections.
Mansour announced the amendments to the constitution and holding fresh elections in light of clashes with security forces early Monday which left more than 50 Morsi supporters dead, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security