Egypt’s Interior Minister escapes assassination bid
Zee Media Bureau
Cairo: Egypt’s Interior Minister Mohammed Ibrahim on Thursday escaped an assassination bid when a car bomb detonated outside his home, reports said.
The BBC reported Egypt’s Interior Minister was targeted in what reports call as a failed assassination.
It is not clear who might have been responsible for the attack but it can be noted that Minister Mohammed Ibrahim had yesterday removed the head of the country`s prison authority amid reports that he facilitated meetings between detained Islamists.
The head of the prison authority Mostafa Baz, who had been in the post since June 10, had reportedly overlooked meetings in jail between Muslim Brotherhood leaders and other Islamists, and allowed them to communicate with people outside the prisons.
Baz had however denied the allegation saying reports were referring to when several leaders of the group and other Islamists prayed together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj