Egypt’s Interior Minister escapes assassination bid
Zee Media Bureau
Cairo: Egypt’s Interior Minister Mohammed Ibrahim on Thursday escaped an assassination bid when a car bomb detonated outside his home, reports said.
The BBC reported Egypt’s Interior Minister was targeted in what reports call as a failed assassination.
It is not clear who might have been responsible for the attack but it can be noted that Minister Mohammed Ibrahim had yesterday removed the head of the country`s prison authority amid reports that he facilitated meetings between detained Islamists.
The head of the prison authority Mostafa Baz, who had been in the post since June 10, had reportedly overlooked meetings in jail between Muslim Brotherhood leaders and other Islamists, and allowed them to communicate with people outside the prisons.
Baz had however denied the allegation saying reports were referring to when several leaders of the group and other Islamists prayed together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley