Egypt`s military ruler warns of grave consequences
Cairo: Egypt`s military ruler has warned of "extremely grave" consequences if the nation does not pull through its current crisis.
Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi, in comments carried on Sunday by the nation`s official news agency, also urged voters to turn out for the Parliamentary Elections starting on Monday.
Tantawi is facing mounting pressure pushing him and his fellow generals on the ruling military council to step down immediately in favour of a civilian presidential council and a "national salvation" government to run the nation`s affairs until a president is elected.
The military took the reins of power when Hosni Mubarak was ousted in February by a popular uprising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations