Egypt`s Mubarak could face death penalty: Minister
Cairo: Egypt`s justice minister says that ousted president Hosni Mubarak would face the death penalty if convicted of ordering the shooting of protesters during the uprisings that brought him down.
Mohammed el-Guindi told the daily Al-Ahram on Saturday that Mubarak, his two sons and wife are also facing allegations of corruption.
He added that former first lady Suzanne Mubarak will be questioned for the first time in a few days over her illicit amassing of wealth.
El-Guindi blamed Mubarak for the country`s widespread corruption during his almost 30-year-rule.
Mubarak, 82, stepped down in February and was placed under arrest in the Sharm el-Sheikh hospital due to heart problems. At least 846 protesters have been killed during the uprising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday