Egypt`s Mubarak could face death penalty: Minister
Cairo: Egypt`s justice minister says that ousted president Hosni Mubarak would face the death penalty if convicted of ordering the shooting of protesters during the uprisings that brought him down.
Mohammed el-Guindi told the daily Al-Ahram on Saturday that Mubarak, his two sons and wife are also facing allegations of corruption.
He added that former first lady Suzanne Mubarak will be questioned for the first time in a few days over her illicit amassing of wealth.
El-Guindi blamed Mubarak for the country`s widespread corruption during his almost 30-year-rule.
Mubarak, 82, stepped down in February and was placed under arrest in the Sharm el-Sheikh hospital due to heart problems. At least 846 protesters have been killed during the uprising.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India