Egypt`s Mubarak health worsens, to be taken to hospital
Cairo: The health of Egypt`s imprisoned former dictator Hosni Mubarak deteriorated on Thursday forcing the state prosecutor to order his transfer to a military hospital for the second in less than 10 days.
"Prosecutor General Talaat Abdullah today ordered Mubarak be moved from Torah Prison Hospital to El-Maadi Military Hospital to receive medical treatment", state-run MENA news agency reported.
Abdullah has also asked the military hospital provide his office with a detailed report on Mubarak`s medical condition and his treatment and recovery process so as to have him moved back to the prison hospital once his health gets better, the report said.
Mubarak, 84, is serving a life sentence over the killings of protesters and was briefly taken to hospital on December 19 for scans after he fell in his prison bathroom and hurt his head.
A court sentenced the former strongman to life in June for failing to prevent the killings of protesters during the 18-day revolt that ended his three-decade rule in February last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed