Egypt`s Mubarak health worsens, to be taken to hospital
Cairo: The health of Egypt`s imprisoned former dictator Hosni Mubarak deteriorated on Thursday forcing the state prosecutor to order his transfer to a military hospital for the second in less than 10 days.
"Prosecutor General Talaat Abdullah today ordered Mubarak be moved from Torah Prison Hospital to El-Maadi Military Hospital to receive medical treatment", state-run MENA news agency reported.
Abdullah has also asked the military hospital provide his office with a detailed report on Mubarak`s medical condition and his treatment and recovery process so as to have him moved back to the prison hospital once his health gets better, the report said.
Mubarak, 84, is serving a life sentence over the killings of protesters and was briefly taken to hospital on December 19 for scans after he fell in his prison bathroom and hurt his head.
A court sentenced the former strongman to life in June for failing to prevent the killings of protesters during the 18-day revolt that ended his three-decade rule in February last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj