Egypt`s Mubarak health worsens, to be taken to hospital
Cairo: The health of Egypt`s imprisoned former dictator Hosni Mubarak deteriorated on Thursday forcing the state prosecutor to order his transfer to a military hospital for the second in less than 10 days.
"Prosecutor General Talaat Abdullah today ordered Mubarak be moved from Torah Prison Hospital to El-Maadi Military Hospital to receive medical treatment", state-run MENA news agency reported.
Abdullah has also asked the military hospital provide his office with a detailed report on Mubarak`s medical condition and his treatment and recovery process so as to have him moved back to the prison hospital once his health gets better, the report said.
Mubarak, 84, is serving a life sentence over the killings of protesters and was briefly taken to hospital on December 19 for scans after he fell in his prison bathroom and hurt his head.
A court sentenced the former strongman to life in June for failing to prevent the killings of protesters during the 18-day revolt that ended his three-decade rule in February last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail