Egypt’s Mubarak may be transferred to prison hospital
Cairo: Ailing Egyptian former president Hosni Mubarak may be transferred from a hospital in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh to a prison hospital on Friday, the al-Gomhuria newspaper reported.
Egypt`s public prosecutor had ordered in late April the transfer of Mubarak to the hospital in Torah prison, ahead of questioning over corruption and abuse allegations.
Mubarak, 82, is being probed over the death of hundreds of protesters during the 18-day uprising that forced him to step down in February.
He is also under scrutiny for alleged abuse of power during his 30-year rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre