Egypt`s Mubarak talks for first time since detention
Cairo: Egypt`s former president, Hosni Mubarak, has spoken to the public for the first time since his detention two years ago, saying he is dismayed at the country`s state of affairs and particularly the plight of the poor.
The 85-year old Mubarak spoke to Al-Watan newspaper after a session of his retrial for his role in the killing of hundreds of protesters during the uprising that forced him to step down in 2011.
He was detained two years ago and put on trial. He has since been hospitalized, sentenced to life in prison and then granted a retrial.
Mubarak told the newspaper that it was too early to judge his elected successor, the Islamist Mohammed Morsi. Mubarak`s comments were published today, a day after his trial session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof