Egypt`s Muslim Brotherhood calls for revolt against military
Washington: Egypt`s Muslim Brotherhood has called for a revolt against the military after a bloody crackdown on supporters of ousted president Mohammed Morsi left dozens dead and hundreds wounded.
The Muslim Brotherhood`s political arm, the Freedom and Justice Party, called on the Egyptian people to rise against those who want to abduct their revolution with their tanks and armoured vehicles, the Washington Times reports.
`Bloodbath!` Gehad El-Haddad, the Muslim Brotherhood spokesman, wrote on Twitter, adding that there have been multiple casualties and hundreds wounded in the clashes.
According to the report, Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb, the grand imam of the Al-Azhar Mosque and Egypt`s top cleric, warned that Egypt risks being engulfed in a civil war.
Egypt`s Health Ministry said that the violence on Monday left 51 people dead and more than 400 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical