Egypt`s Muslim Brotherhood calls for revolt against military
Washington: Egypt`s Muslim Brotherhood has called for a revolt against the military after a bloody crackdown on supporters of ousted president Mohammed Morsi left dozens dead and hundreds wounded.
The Muslim Brotherhood`s political arm, the Freedom and Justice Party, called on the Egyptian people to rise against those who want to abduct their revolution with their tanks and armoured vehicles, the Washington Times reports.
`Bloodbath!` Gehad El-Haddad, the Muslim Brotherhood spokesman, wrote on Twitter, adding that there have been multiple casualties and hundreds wounded in the clashes.
According to the report, Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb, the grand imam of the Al-Azhar Mosque and Egypt`s top cleric, warned that Egypt risks being engulfed in a civil war.
Egypt`s Health Ministry said that the violence on Monday left 51 people dead and more than 400 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list