Egypt`s Muslim Brotherhood calls for revolt against military
Washington: Egypt`s Muslim Brotherhood has called for a revolt against the military after a bloody crackdown on supporters of ousted president Mohammed Morsi left dozens dead and hundreds wounded.
The Muslim Brotherhood`s political arm, the Freedom and Justice Party, called on the Egyptian people to rise against those who want to abduct their revolution with their tanks and armoured vehicles, the Washington Times reports.
`Bloodbath!` Gehad El-Haddad, the Muslim Brotherhood spokesman, wrote on Twitter, adding that there have been multiple casualties and hundreds wounded in the clashes.
According to the report, Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb, the grand imam of the Al-Azhar Mosque and Egypt`s top cleric, warned that Egypt risks being engulfed in a civil war.
Egypt`s Health Ministry said that the violence on Monday left 51 people dead and more than 400 injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference