Egypt`s Muslim Brotherhood calls for revolt against military
Washington: Egypt`s Muslim Brotherhood has called for a revolt against the military after a bloody crackdown on supporters of ousted president Mohammed Morsi left dozens dead and hundreds wounded.
The Muslim Brotherhood`s political arm, the Freedom and Justice Party, called on the Egyptian people to rise against those who want to abduct their revolution with their tanks and armoured vehicles, the Washington Times reports.
`Bloodbath!` Gehad El-Haddad, the Muslim Brotherhood spokesman, wrote on Twitter, adding that there have been multiple casualties and hundreds wounded in the clashes.
According to the report, Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb, the grand imam of the Al-Azhar Mosque and Egypt`s top cleric, warned that Egypt risks being engulfed in a civil war.
Egypt`s Health Ministry said that the violence on Monday left 51 people dead and more than 400 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?