Egypt`s Muslim Brotherhood calls for revolt against military
Washington: Egypt`s Muslim Brotherhood has called for a revolt against the military after a bloody crackdown on supporters of ousted president Mohammed Morsi left dozens dead and hundreds wounded.
The Muslim Brotherhood`s political arm, the Freedom and Justice Party, called on the Egyptian people to rise against those who want to abduct their revolution with their tanks and armoured vehicles, the Washington Times reports.
`Bloodbath!` Gehad El-Haddad, the Muslim Brotherhood spokesman, wrote on Twitter, adding that there have been multiple casualties and hundreds wounded in the clashes.
According to the report, Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb, the grand imam of the Al-Azhar Mosque and Egypt`s top cleric, warned that Egypt risks being engulfed in a civil war.
Egypt`s Health Ministry said that the violence on Monday left 51 people dead and more than 400 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal