Egypt`s Speaker says UAE can sue Israel
Cairo: The UAE has the right under
international law to sue Israel for state terrorism on its
soil, Egypt`s Assembly speaker on Tuesday said referring to the
murder of a top Hamas leader Mahmud Al-Mabhouh which had been
allegedly linked to the Israeli spy agency Mossad.
Speaking on the sidelines of the Arab inter-Parliamentary
Union conference here, Ahmad Fathi Sorour said international
indictment is more important than paying damages.
Arab parliaments should support the UAE politically in
confronting international terror committed by Israel on its
land, he said.
The slain Hamas leader who was killed in Dubai hotel
on January 19 and was found dead in his room the next day.
Al-Mabhouh was sedated before being suffocated by his
assassins, who wanted to leave the impression that he died a
The Dubai Police had initially released a list of 11
suspects, identified as members of a hit squad who acted to
kill the Hamas leader.
All suspects linked to Mossad are apparently hiding in
Israel to avoid arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH