Eiffel Tower bomb scare: Over 1,500 people evacuated
Paris: Paris` iconic Eiffel Tower Saturday evening was the target of a bomb threat, leading police to evacuate about 1,500 people from the wrought iron structure raised in 1889, police sources said.
Police evacuated the world famous monument after receiving an anonymous call of bomb attempt made from a phone booth, Xinhua reported.
Around 6.30 p.m., the police advised all the people on the site to leave. In less than an hour later, around 1,500 visitors and employees were evacuated peacefully.
A security perimeter was established around La Tour Eiffel, as the Eiffel Tower is called in French, immediately.
Police brought sniffer dogs to search the tower, looking for possible explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug