Eiffel Tower bomb scare: Over 1,500 people evacuated
Paris: Paris` iconic Eiffel Tower Saturday evening was the target of a bomb threat, leading police to evacuate about 1,500 people from the wrought iron structure raised in 1889, police sources said.
Police evacuated the world famous monument after receiving an anonymous call of bomb attempt made from a phone booth, Xinhua reported.
Around 6.30 p.m., the police advised all the people on the site to leave. In less than an hour later, around 1,500 visitors and employees were evacuated peacefully.
A security perimeter was established around La Tour Eiffel, as the Eiffel Tower is called in French, immediately.
Police brought sniffer dogs to search the tower, looking for possible explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?