Eiffel Tower bomb scare: Over 1,500 people evacuated
Paris: Paris` iconic Eiffel Tower Saturday evening was the target of a bomb threat, leading police to evacuate about 1,500 people from the wrought iron structure raised in 1889, police sources said.
Police evacuated the world famous monument after receiving an anonymous call of bomb attempt made from a phone booth, Xinhua reported.
Around 6.30 p.m., the police advised all the people on the site to leave. In less than an hour later, around 1,500 visitors and employees were evacuated peacefully.
A security perimeter was established around La Tour Eiffel, as the Eiffel Tower is called in French, immediately.
Police brought sniffer dogs to search the tower, looking for possible explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical