Eight dead, 36 injured in Bolivia bus crash
Moscow: At least eight people were killed and 36 injured when a bus overturned in Bolivia, the EJU TV reported Sunday.
The accident occurred Saturday on a highway linking Bolivia`s official capital Sucre with Potosi city.
The bus carrying 50 passengers skidded off the road 27 km from the capital and overturned. Speeding is seen as the most likely cause of the tragedy.
Seven people died immediately. The eighth victim later succumbed to his injuries in intensive care.
A total of 36 passengers, including three children, were taken to the Santa Barbara hospital in Sucre.
According to official statistics, car accidents in Bolivia claim the lives of about 1,000 people each year and leave 40,000 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH