Eight dead, 36 injured in Bolivia bus crash
Moscow: At least eight people were killed and 36 injured when a bus overturned in Bolivia, the EJU TV reported Sunday.
The accident occurred Saturday on a highway linking Bolivia`s official capital Sucre with Potosi city.
The bus carrying 50 passengers skidded off the road 27 km from the capital and overturned. Speeding is seen as the most likely cause of the tragedy.
Seven people died immediately. The eighth victim later succumbed to his injuries in intensive care.
A total of 36 passengers, including three children, were taken to the Santa Barbara hospital in Sucre.
According to official statistics, car accidents in Bolivia claim the lives of about 1,000 people each year and leave 40,000 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon