Eight dead as ship sinks off Colombia coast
Havana: Colombian rescuers saved 14 people and recovered eight bodies after a cargo ship sank in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Colombia.
The Claudia Alejandra was carrying timber and had 22 people on board. On Thursday it went adrift, possibly due to a technical breakdown, and eventually sank.
"We have managed to rescue 14 people. Unfortunately, eight passengers, including two children, drowned," Capt. William Palomino, a spokesman for the Colombian Coast Guard service, told journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad