Eight dead as ship sinks off Colombia coast
Havana: Colombian rescuers saved 14 people and recovered eight bodies after a cargo ship sank in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Colombia.
The Claudia Alejandra was carrying timber and had 22 people on board. On Thursday it went adrift, possibly due to a technical breakdown, and eventually sank.
"We have managed to rescue 14 people. Unfortunately, eight passengers, including two children, drowned," Capt. William Palomino, a spokesman for the Colombian Coast Guard service, told journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman