Eight held in Turkey for al Qaeda ties
Ankara: Eight people have been arrested in Turkey for allegedly having links with al Qaeda, receiving training in terrorist camps and recruiting militants.
The suspects were arrested in the western provinces of Bursa and Balikesir, according to the Anadolu news agency.
Turkey has stepped up its fight against al Qaeda after two Jewish synagogues and the British consulate and a branch of the HSBC Bank were bombed in November 2003, killing around 100 people and wounding more than 1,000.
Seven people in 2007 were found guilty of carrying out the synagogue attack. They were sentenced to life in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port