Eight held in Turkey for al Qaeda ties
Ankara: Eight people have been arrested in Turkey for allegedly having links with al Qaeda, receiving training in terrorist camps and recruiting militants.
The suspects were arrested in the western provinces of Bursa and Balikesir, according to the Anadolu news agency.
Turkey has stepped up its fight against al Qaeda after two Jewish synagogues and the British consulate and a branch of the HSBC Bank were bombed in November 2003, killing around 100 people and wounding more than 1,000.
Seven people in 2007 were found guilty of carrying out the synagogue attack. They were sentenced to life in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav