Eight held in Turkey for al Qaeda ties
Ankara: Eight people have been arrested in Turkey for allegedly having links with al Qaeda, receiving training in terrorist camps and recruiting militants.
The suspects were arrested in the western provinces of Bursa and Balikesir, according to the Anadolu news agency.
Turkey has stepped up its fight against al Qaeda after two Jewish synagogues and the British consulate and a branch of the HSBC Bank were bombed in November 2003, killing around 100 people and wounding more than 1,000.
Seven people in 2007 were found guilty of carrying out the synagogue attack. They were sentenced to life in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave