Eight held in Turkey for al Qaeda ties
Ankara: Eight people have been arrested in Turkey for allegedly having links with al Qaeda, receiving training in terrorist camps and recruiting militants.
The suspects were arrested in the western provinces of Bursa and Balikesir, according to the Anadolu news agency.
Turkey has stepped up its fight against al Qaeda after two Jewish synagogues and the British consulate and a branch of the HSBC Bank were bombed in November 2003, killing around 100 people and wounding more than 1,000.
Seven people in 2007 were found guilty of carrying out the synagogue attack. They were sentenced to life in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read