Eight Indians injured in Thailand escalator mishap
Bangkok: The New Year revelry turned sour for eight Indian tourists, including five women, when they fell down from an escalator and sustained minor injuries at a skytrain station here today.
The incident happened at about 10:15 am (local time) when the tourists - three men and five women - were going up on the escalator at Phaya Thai station.
According to the Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS), they were planning to board a train to Bearing station.
They were busy chatting with each other before they all tumbled down, the Bangkok Post reported.
There were no children. BTS staff provided first aid to the wounded commuters, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof