Eight Indians injured in Thailand escalator mishap
Bangkok: The New Year revelry turned sour for eight Indian tourists, including five women, when they fell down from an escalator and sustained minor injuries at a skytrain station here today.
The incident happened at about 10:15 am (local time) when the tourists - three men and five women - were going up on the escalator at Phaya Thai station.
According to the Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS), they were planning to board a train to Bearing station.
They were busy chatting with each other before they all tumbled down, the Bangkok Post reported.
There were no children. BTS staff provided first aid to the wounded commuters, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam