Eight injured in South Korean subway rampage
Seoul: Police say eight people have been stabbed or cut in a rampage at a subway station just outside of South Korea`s capital.
Two police officers say no one was killed when a man used a large knife to attack people on Saturday in Uijeongbu. They say a man was arrested running away from the station.
Authorities are still trying to figure out how serious the injuries are and what the motive was.
Uijeongbu, just outside of Seoul, houses US and South Korean military bases.
The officers spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to speak to the media.
South Korea`s Yonhap news agency says the attack lasted about 10 minutes. It says the victims were stabbed on a train and on the station platform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus