Eight injured in South Korean subway rampage
Seoul: Police say eight people have been stabbed or cut in a rampage at a subway station just outside of South Korea`s capital.
Two police officers say no one was killed when a man used a large knife to attack people on Saturday in Uijeongbu. They say a man was arrested running away from the station.
Authorities are still trying to figure out how serious the injuries are and what the motive was.
Uijeongbu, just outside of Seoul, houses US and South Korean military bases.
The officers spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to speak to the media.
South Korea`s Yonhap news agency says the attack lasted about 10 minutes. It says the victims were stabbed on a train and on the station platform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"