Eight injured in South Korean subway rampage
Seoul: Police say eight people have been stabbed or cut in a rampage at a subway station just outside of South Korea`s capital.
Two police officers say no one was killed when a man used a large knife to attack people on Saturday in Uijeongbu. They say a man was arrested running away from the station.
Authorities are still trying to figure out how serious the injuries are and what the motive was.
Uijeongbu, just outside of Seoul, houses US and South Korean military bases.
The officers spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to speak to the media.
South Korea`s Yonhap news agency says the attack lasted about 10 minutes. It says the victims were stabbed on a train and on the station platform.
- Tamil Nadu polls: Modi govt taking anti-working class initiatives, says CPI
- Indian Premier League 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - As it happened...
- Sebi to hit cinema screens to spread investor awareness
- Royal Enfield sales rise 42% in April
- Steady economic growth fails to revive job market: Report