Eight injured in South Korean subway rampage
Seoul: Police say eight people have been stabbed or cut in a rampage at a subway station just outside of South Korea`s capital.
Two police officers say no one was killed when a man used a large knife to attack people on Saturday in Uijeongbu. They say a man was arrested running away from the station.
Authorities are still trying to figure out how serious the injuries are and what the motive was.
Uijeongbu, just outside of Seoul, houses US and South Korean military bases.
The officers spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren`t authorised to speak to the media.
South Korea`s Yonhap news agency says the attack lasted about 10 minutes. It says the victims were stabbed on a train and on the station platform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal