Eight killed, 25 injured in Iraq attacks
Baghdad: At least eight people were killed and 25 wounded in separate attacks carried out in Iraq Monday, police said.
Three workers were shot dead at a carpentry shop by gunmen in Mosul city, some 400 km from Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
In another incident, two people, including a policeman, were killed and two others suffered injuries when a roadside bomb went off near a police patrol in Mosul.
Two people, including a child, were killed when a roadside bomb exploded near a police patrol at al-B`aj area, some 120 km from Mosul, a police source said. A roadside bomb went off near the house of a policeman in the same area, wounding the policeman and five civilians.
In Diyala province, a civilian was killed and two others wounded in a roadside bomb explosion.
A policeman was wounded when a roadside bomb struck his patrol near the town of Hibhib, some 20 km northwest of Baquba, the source said. Elsewhere, seven policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb hit their patrol in Dujail city, some 60 km from Baghdad.
In addition, a motorcycle bomb detonated at a popular market in the city of Tuz-Khurmato, about 200 km north of Baghdad, the police said.
The UN Assistance Mission for Iraq recently reported that over 1,000 Iraqis were killed and more than 2,300 wounded in acts of terrorism and violence in July, the deadliest month in more than five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey