Eight killed, 25 injured in Iraq attacks
Baghdad: At least eight people were killed and 25 wounded in separate attacks carried out in Iraq Monday, police said.
Three workers were shot dead at a carpentry shop by gunmen in Mosul city, some 400 km from Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
In another incident, two people, including a policeman, were killed and two others suffered injuries when a roadside bomb went off near a police patrol in Mosul.
Two people, including a child, were killed when a roadside bomb exploded near a police patrol at al-B`aj area, some 120 km from Mosul, a police source said. A roadside bomb went off near the house of a policeman in the same area, wounding the policeman and five civilians.
In Diyala province, a civilian was killed and two others wounded in a roadside bomb explosion.
A policeman was wounded when a roadside bomb struck his patrol near the town of Hibhib, some 20 km northwest of Baquba, the source said. Elsewhere, seven policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb hit their patrol in Dujail city, some 60 km from Baghdad.
In addition, a motorcycle bomb detonated at a popular market in the city of Tuz-Khurmato, about 200 km north of Baghdad, the police said.
The UN Assistance Mission for Iraq recently reported that over 1,000 Iraqis were killed and more than 2,300 wounded in acts of terrorism and violence in July, the deadliest month in more than five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth