Eight killed, 25 injured in Iraq attacks
Baghdad: At least eight people were killed and 25 wounded in separate attacks carried out in Iraq Monday, police said.
Three workers were shot dead at a carpentry shop by gunmen in Mosul city, some 400 km from Baghdad, reported Xinhua citing a police source.
In another incident, two people, including a policeman, were killed and two others suffered injuries when a roadside bomb went off near a police patrol in Mosul.
Two people, including a child, were killed when a roadside bomb exploded near a police patrol at al-B`aj area, some 120 km from Mosul, a police source said. A roadside bomb went off near the house of a policeman in the same area, wounding the policeman and five civilians.
In Diyala province, a civilian was killed and two others wounded in a roadside bomb explosion.
A policeman was wounded when a roadside bomb struck his patrol near the town of Hibhib, some 20 km northwest of Baquba, the source said. Elsewhere, seven policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb hit their patrol in Dujail city, some 60 km from Baghdad.
In addition, a motorcycle bomb detonated at a popular market in the city of Tuz-Khurmato, about 200 km north of Baghdad, the police said.
The UN Assistance Mission for Iraq recently reported that over 1,000 Iraqis were killed and more than 2,300 wounded in acts of terrorism and violence in July, the deadliest month in more than five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video