Eight killed in China mine blast
Beijing: Eight miners have been killed in a colliery blast in southwest China.
The accident happened yesterday at the Liangshuigou Coal Mine in Muzhuo township of Zhenxiong county, according to the county`s publicity bureau.
An initial probe has indicated a gas blast in the mine.
Operation of the coal mine has not resumed after the Spring Festival, but the mine manager managed 20 miners to work in the mine without any safety check.
Twelve of them had been lifted out of the mine before the accident. The manager of the colliery has been in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why