Eight killed in China mine blast
Beijing: Eight miners have been killed in a colliery blast in southwest China.
The accident happened yesterday at the Liangshuigou Coal Mine in Muzhuo township of Zhenxiong county, according to the county`s publicity bureau.
An initial probe has indicated a gas blast in the mine.
Operation of the coal mine has not resumed after the Spring Festival, but the mine manager managed 20 miners to work in the mine without any safety check.
Twelve of them had been lifted out of the mine before the accident. The manager of the colliery has been in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Anil Kumble – Facts you must know about India's new coach
- 'Strong' Salman Khan can handle any controversy: Pulkit Samrat
- Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar book Olympic berths in Baku
- Is Kashmir major cause of tension between India and Pakistan? Pak Army says 'Yes'
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs