Eight killed in explosions in Egypt`s Sinai
Cairo: At least eight persons including a security officer were killed and several others injured in two successive explosions in the provincial capital of El-Arish in North Sinai, the Interior Ministry said.
A mortar shell, supposed to be fired by terrorists, struck a residential area near a security compound, killed seven and injured 25 in the city, according to a statement by the Ministry of Interior.
The explosion took place late yesterday night in a residential area located near the North Sinai Security Directorate.
A few minutes later, two rockets hit a security unit in the same city killing an officer and injuring seven others, medical sources said.
Sinai is facing a series of terrorist attacks by Islamists since the ouster of ex-president Mohamed Morsi last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation