Eight killed in explosions in Egypt`s Sinai
Cairo: At least eight persons including a security officer were killed and several others injured in two successive explosions in the provincial capital of El-Arish in North Sinai, the Interior Ministry said.
A mortar shell, supposed to be fired by terrorists, struck a residential area near a security compound, killed seven and injured 25 in the city, according to a statement by the Ministry of Interior.
The explosion took place late yesterday night in a residential area located near the North Sinai Security Directorate.
A few minutes later, two rockets hit a security unit in the same city killing an officer and injuring seven others, medical sources said.
Sinai is facing a series of terrorist attacks by Islamists since the ouster of ex-president Mohamed Morsi last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report