Eight killed in Iran mine collapse
Tehran: At least eight workers were killed in Iran after a coal mine collapsed in the central region of Tabas Tuesday, Xinhua reported.
There were 40 workers in the mine when the accident happened in the morning. Of them, the whereabouts of 32 others were not known.
The Red Crecent Society of Iran was quoted as saying that the possibility of an explosion in the mine could not be ruled out.
A special team had been formed to rescue the trapped workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video