Eight killed in Iran mine collapse
Tehran: At least eight workers were killed in Iran after a coal mine collapsed in the central region of Tabas Tuesday, Xinhua reported.
There were 40 workers in the mine when the accident happened in the morning. Of them, the whereabouts of 32 others were not known.
The Red Crecent Society of Iran was quoted as saying that the possibility of an explosion in the mine could not be ruled out.
A special team had been formed to rescue the trapped workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing