Eight killed in Iran mine collapse
Tehran: At least eight workers were killed in Iran after a coal mine collapsed in the central region of Tabas Tuesday, Xinhua reported.
There were 40 workers in the mine when the accident happened in the morning. Of them, the whereabouts of 32 others were not known.
The Red Crecent Society of Iran was quoted as saying that the possibility of an explosion in the mine could not be ruled out.
A special team had been formed to rescue the trapped workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi