Eight killed in Iraq bombings
Baghdad: At least eight people were killed and 25 injured following two bomb blasts in different cities near Baghdad Monday night, said police sources.
At least three people were killed and four wounded when a blast occurred on the roadside in a popular pet market in Diyala province`s Baquba city, near Baghdad, reported Xinhua quoting a police source.
In a separate incident, as many as five people were killed and 21 wounded when a sticky bomb attached to a mini-bus detonated in Hilla city in Babil province, about 100 km from Baghdad, said another police source.
The toll is expected to rise as some injured were seriously injured, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint
- MS Dhoni wishes to play more in America, says it's good venue for cricket
- CID takes over Bengal hospital fire probe, one detained for questioning