Eight killed in Iraq suicide attacks
Baghdad: Two attacks carried out by suicide bombers targeting Iraqi security forces left dozens dead and injured in different areas of the country, security sources said Monday.
Sources said that three civilians were killed and 20 injured when a suicide bomber drove an explosives-laden car into an Iraqi police patrol in the northern city of Mosul.
Mosul, one of Iraq`s most ethnically diverse cities, has suffered nearly daily attacks despite heavy security measures.
In a separate attack, a suicide bomber drove a small bus loaded with explosives into an Iraqi Army convoy in the town of Abu Ghraib, just west of Baghdad.
Witnesses said that a man drove a small Kia brand bus into an Iraqi Army patrol in the center of Abu Ghraib, resulting in a "massive explosion".
Four soldiers and one civilian were reported dead, in addition to the suicide bomber. Thirteen soldiers and two civilians were left injured by the explosion.
Earlier Monday, security sources had said that seven individuals with links to al Qaeda had been arrested in the northern city of Kirkuk.
"Seven members of the so-called Islamic State of Iraq were arrested during a search and raid operation by joint Iraqi-US forces in al-Huweija district and villages nearby," said Fatah al-Khafaji, head of the al-Huweija police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day