Eight killed in Mexico monster truck accident
Ciudad Juarez(Mexico): A monster truck crashed into a grandstand after its brakes failed during a stunt show in northern Mexico, killing eight people and injuring dozens, officials said.
Two minors were among the fatalities at the Extreme Airshow in the city of Chihuahua, capital of the eponymous state bordering the US state of Texas, said municipality spokesman Jose Luis Dominguez yesterday.
Some 3,500 people attended the demolition show, in which pick-up trucks with giant tires crush smaller cars, when the vehicle lost control and smashed into the stands at around 7:00 pm, Dominguez told AFP.
At least 35 of the 47 injured people were taken to hospitals. The park El Rejon, where the show took place, was immediately closed and helicopters and ambulances were dispatched.
It was the third annual airshow, which attracts 200,000 people on average and includes airplane stunts, skydiving and motorcycle acrobatics among other daredevil acts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?