Eight killed in Mexico monster truck accident
Ciudad Juarez(Mexico): A monster truck crashed into a grandstand after its brakes failed during a stunt show in northern Mexico, killing eight people and injuring dozens, officials said.
Two minors were among the fatalities at the Extreme Airshow in the city of Chihuahua, capital of the eponymous state bordering the US state of Texas, said municipality spokesman Jose Luis Dominguez yesterday.
Some 3,500 people attended the demolition show, in which pick-up trucks with giant tires crush smaller cars, when the vehicle lost control and smashed into the stands at around 7:00 pm, Dominguez told AFP.
At least 35 of the 47 injured people were taken to hospitals. The park El Rejon, where the show took place, was immediately closed and helicopters and ambulances were dispatched.
It was the third annual airshow, which attracts 200,000 people on average and includes airplane stunts, skydiving and motorcycle acrobatics among other daredevil acts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble