Eight killed in Mexico monster truck accident
Ciudad Juarez(Mexico): A monster truck crashed into a grandstand after its brakes failed during a stunt show in northern Mexico, killing eight people and injuring dozens, officials said.
Two minors were among the fatalities at the Extreme Airshow in the city of Chihuahua, capital of the eponymous state bordering the US state of Texas, said municipality spokesman Jose Luis Dominguez yesterday.
Some 3,500 people attended the demolition show, in which pick-up trucks with giant tires crush smaller cars, when the vehicle lost control and smashed into the stands at around 7:00 pm, Dominguez told AFP.
At least 35 of the 47 injured people were taken to hospitals. The park El Rejon, where the show took place, was immediately closed and helicopters and ambulances were dispatched.
It was the third annual airshow, which attracts 200,000 people on average and includes airplane stunts, skydiving and motorcycle acrobatics among other daredevil acts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`