Eight killed in Russia bus, truck, car crash
Moscow: A collision involving a bus, a truck and a car claimed eight lives and left 22 injured on Saturday in southern Russia region of Penza, regional police said in a statement.
Preliminary information suggested the female driver of a Lada car was driving into oncoming traffic when she hit a truck, before a bus rammed into the two vehicles.
The female driver has been hospitalised, said police, who have opened a probe into the accident.
Six of the injured are in "a serious state," added police.
Russia has one of the highest road accident mortality rates in the world, with almost 28,000 deaths in 2012. Most of the fatal accidents are linked to alcohol usage or a failure to respect road rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested