Eight killed in Russian building blaze
Moscow: Eight people died when a fire broke out in a government building early Sunday near the Russian city of Yekaterinburg, authorities said.
The local emergencies branch received fire information at about 4.30 a.m. in the Sadovy settlement near Yekaterinburg. It took over two hours to douse the fire.
Rescuers found eight bodies during the debris cleaning operation, the emergencies department said.
An initial probe found those killed were members of a construction team but the reason behind the fire was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH