Eight killed in Russian building blaze
Moscow: Eight people died when a fire broke out in a government building early Sunday near the Russian city of Yekaterinburg, authorities said.
The local emergencies branch received fire information at about 4.30 a.m. in the Sadovy settlement near Yekaterinburg. It took over two hours to douse the fire.
Rescuers found eight bodies during the debris cleaning operation, the emergencies department said.
An initial probe found those killed were members of a construction team but the reason behind the fire was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah